Wednesday, August 13, 2014

8/12/14 Day 6, in the life of a sleeve



Day 6 in my sleeve: Best news of the day.... got out of bed 2x in a row without pain! I guess it helps if you are doing the "log roll" the right way. I also use a pillow to hold my stomach and it helps.
I have had no nausea since I stopped the morphine. I have taken one nausea pill since being home. I do take about 2-3 pain pills a day still.
I was able to get all my meals, water, and protein shakes in yesterday. Still have never felt "full" I just eat the allowed 2 oz and drink protein shakes. I can tell when I am full cuz I start burping. Water is still heavy on my stomach and makes me burp, but the crystal light in the water does help. I just realized I am not supposed to be eating "sugarfree" things any more (did you hear the heavens open up and sing!).
Brittni, B, and I ventured in the car to turn in paperwork at the office and stopped by sonic for the 1/2 price slushy deal for the family. I ended up with water because the lady said all the all the ice in the slushy's are full of sugar, even if you add SF syrup (I didn't want to push it this early).
We went for a walk yesterday down to the stop sign. Today I am going to try to go all the way around the block.
Weight: I gained 4 pounds the first 2 days after surgery (expected) making my total loss since surgery 4.2.
Please say a little prayer for my friend Tisha Frasier Peterson, who had surgery at the same time as me. She is having to check in with the doctor today because things don't feel right.






No comments:

Post a Comment